22 August 2010

Overdue Kudos to Only Woman Rider Winner of National Harley-Davidson Contest!

It’s been over a year since I judged Canada's National Harley-Davidson "Show & Shine Contest". I find winners are ageless. Once you win you're always termed "a winner"...so on that thought, I don't feel that badly, just slightly ashamed, about finally giving this overdue mention to the only female winner of the contest - Keeley Ward!
A while back I received an email from Keeley that stated - “You made particular mention that you were the ONLY female judge ...well I was the winner of the Sportster class and I was the ONLY female winner!!!”
So here a HUGE shout out and acknowledgement to Keeley! Good going! If you want a refresher about the contest here is the article on MOTORESS.
Suppose I was very busy with announcing the winners and honestly the name Keeley didn’t seem a typical woman’s name so no bells rung for me at the time.
As judges we were not informed of any details about the contestants which as you can imagine, makes good sense; -no preferential slants in our choices. We make our decisions without favourtism. And you know in my case I would have absolutely been influenced to the fact that Keeley's entry was female owned!
Keeley sent in her winning picture, shared with you here. She expresses that this photo was taken the day of the show where she was selected by Mackie Harley-Davidson in Ontario. She states there was no award trophy just a gift card and unfortunately hasn’t photos of when she later received her National Prize.
Keeley congrats to you yet again!
Keep an out for Keeley- she's (quote)- “a real estate agent by day! and biker by night!!! LOL”.
Thanks Keeley for setting things straight!

No comments: