19 November 2007

MICHELLE DUFF INDUCTION AN HONOUR TO SHARE

The second Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction Banquet was on 27 October and I was most happy to attend as friend and guest of the famous Michelle (a.k.a. Mike) Duff one of the 9 inductees for 2007. Michelle has already been inducted into the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame where cars and motorcycles are recognized —this evening was only about Canada's motorcycle heritage. It was a very special event for me to be able to witness first hand Michelle's induction into the Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Fame--I think I'm really one of her biggest fans! I felt so privileged to attend and see Michelle recognized at yet another level in motorcycling.

On top of enjoying great presentations during this rather simple, yet informally elegant event, I was to present Michelle her special induction medallion! When the time came, on stage, I was so thrilled for her I couldn’t prevent the emotions; the tears came out.

The picture shown was taken after the induction --between us is one of Michelle’s former Yamaha rides currently housed in Bar Hodgsons personal collection.

Additionally I had the pleasure to meet inductee Yvon Duhamel and become better acquainted with his history—realize I started racing in Europe and was not well informed on Canada’s racers. His son Miguel flew up from Las Vegas where he currently resides, in order to be part of his father’s induction. I also had the chance to chat with inductee Bob Williams and understand his Arrow Racing “stream liner motorcycle” which boasts a couple Bonneville land speed accomplishments--it was on display (more exciting news to share there shortly).


During 2007 (as I heard her stories with great envy) Michelle attended over 5 European race dates/special events and it appears she will be heading to Europe and Britain in 2008 for about the same number again.

Do visit Michelle's website and enjoy not only her racing history but her talents as a published writer and photographer.

No comments: