1 April 2007

KYMCO Scooter Received

Scooter life has begun! I received my new KYMCO Bet & Win 150cc scooter yesterday with custom MOTORESS design inclusive logo and star design--fantastic. It had but 2km showing on the odometer.

Convinced a friend of mine with his Vintage Honda 125cc scooter to join me on an urban, inner city "scoot". It was but 3 degrees Celsius, chilly--yet we explored downtown Toronto. We "scooted" and had many laughs as we cruised along downtown's' Yonge Street--its simply a fun form motorcycling. We went to the heart of Yorkville an upscale trendy area of the city. Zipping here and there, so easily done. TWIST AND GO. The scooter manner, being that you feel as though sitting on a chair with wheels. Your legs and feet snugly yet freely mobile behind the scooter front shield.

You may think in reading this that I've not ever been on a scooter before--not the case. I'd just not been on a 150cc scooter in, nor on one on the road for many years.

I tested its stopping power (emergency stop) and brakes are excellent, smooth, responsive--kind, not aggressive. A quiet ride as well, hardly hear the motor. I did however like the click sound the turn indicators made when in use. These you could hear and I felt this a bonus feature they remind you to if you've indicated or cancelled after use. Handling, turning an absolute ease.

Going to be a fun summer as a city dweller with my KYMCO scooter. Plus I filled the gas tank. The cost was $7.00CAD and gas is rather expensive right now $1.01 per litre. Parking in Toronto is free as well.
I did however keep pushing my right foot down each time I came to a stop--habitual street riding use of a rear brake :)